Job Title Communications Lead
At Roche, we believe it is urgent to deliver medical solutions right now, even as we develop innovations for the future. We are passionate about transforming patients’ lives. We are brave in both decision and action and we believe that good business means a better world.
The Communications Lead for Pakistan will be responsible for overseeing all internal and external communication initiatives for the country. Working closely in a network with others, Communications Lead will develop, enhance and communicate about the Roche brand by leading external communications and public relations with all key ecosystem stakeholders, internal communications, employee engagement and potentially other domains, such as philanthropic programs and/or CSR activities.
Because of the networked, no-borders approach Roche takes to ensure we are doing now what patients need next, the Communications Lead will regularly work with colleagues from other countries, regions, and areas of the business.
Key responsibilities include
- Working closely with Affiliate business teams to develop effective external communication plans enhancing the overall reputation and positioning of the Affiliate nationwide as well as the value these bring to patients, healthcare providers and other external stakeholders.
- Developing effective internal communication plans ensuring employee engagement and safeguarding Affiliate reputation of being an Employer of Choice, and ensure Affiliate employees understand and progress on the transformation journey in line with Roche Global guidelines.
- Leading communication efforts on key Roche initiatives/programs such as multi-stakeholder engagement strategies, country digital strategies, and public health awareness campaigns.
- Act as media spokesperson for the Roche affiliate with national and local media as well as supporting and coaching other Affiliate media spokespersons
- Managing the execution of high-profile events and initiatives in collaboration with partners to ensure timely and effective engagement of the target audience.
- Stringently adhere to Roche communication guidelines. Build strong relationships with Roche Network enablers to bring synergies to the Affiliate teams.
Key contribution factors
- Stakeholder management: Positively and proactively engage with internal/external stakeholders to co-create solutions and build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Project planning and management: define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of strategic value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Leaning in: Become an active part of the Roche network, using an enterprise approach and optimizing network capacity, intentionally sharing knowledge and re-purposing with pride.
- Agile mindset: Be open minded and curious with a learner mindset; anticipate and lead responses to changes in the external environment that impact our stakeholders and find new ways to approach opportunities.
- Team collaboration: Collaborate and build networks across stakeholders (internal and external), countries, functions and divisions. Co-create and ensure continued, active cross functional planning and implementation. Experience working in a matrix-style operating model as well as in a multicultural environment, with multi-function teams working across countries an advantage.
- Insights driven: Consider audience insights in the development of plans and initiatives. Deliver value-adding experiences across a range of channels to reach, influence and engage audiences, all aligned with business priorities.
- Reporting any incident/accident immediately to the SHE department. Attend / complete all requisite on-line and F2F trainings (Role specific, Safety Responsibility and Compliance) within specified time limit to ensure the learning outcome after the training has been implemented.
- Owning the SHE goals as individual goals and play his/her part to achieve the goal in line with strategies/action plan.
- Identifies, collects and immediately reports all safety related information on Roche products to Local Safety Responsible as per Roche requirements and local regulations.
- Maintenance of records (electronic and physical as per the Local Core Map policy. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time as required by the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher certification
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Preference shall be given to Pakistan healthcare industry experience.
- Deep understanding of communications and public affairs landscape in Pakistan
- Ability to enable engagement, helping diverse (local as well as multicultural) stakeholder groups to connect with vision and strategy
- Strong business acumen to generate insights with a learning mindset
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple projects and competing demands
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills
- Demonstrated excellence in relationship building and partnering at all levels within an organization
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.