Job Title Senior Technologist Molecular
Senior Technologist- Molecular Pathology
Entity: Aga Khan University
Introduction to the Aga Khan University:
The Aga Khan University Hospital Clinical Laboratoriesare thefirst and only in Pakistan to be accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), which is considered as a gold standard in laboratory testing in the world. We are one of the largest lab networks in the world that is CAP accredited, and with our team of highly qualified faculty, phlebotomists and technologists, we ensure to deliver fast and accurate results for routine and specialized testing, that are accepted by the doctors nationwide and globally.Our laboratory network is present in more than 290 locations spread over 125 cities in Pakistan and ourvalue-addedservices include mobile app service, stat reports, SMS alert, home lab sample collection (blood, urine, stool and other samples are collected from home), e-reports, real-time critical result reporting, multi-column reports and much more.
Job Role / Responsibilities:
Reporting to Manager / Assistant Manager of your assigned section, you will be required to perform Molecular Pathology tests as per the departmental policy / procedure manual on a daily basis to ensure quality service and timely preparation of the final reports. You will be responsible to:
- perform Molecular Pathology testing independently
- assist in validation studies as per requirement
- ensure quality results by running internal quality controls and participate in external proficiency testing program
- assist in teaching / training of junior staff, students and trainees according to guidelines provided as and when required
- follow and assist the Assistant Manager/Manager/Pathologist in the implementation of safety standards according to Laboratory Safety Manual on a daily basis
- confirm unusual findings with the Charge Technologist by discussingas and when required to avoid misleading or erroneous results.
Eligibility Criteria / Requirements:
- B.Sc. in Biological Sciences/M.Sc. preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of experience as Technologist at AKUH or 6- 7 years of relevant experience at another hospital or laboratory.
- Good knowledge of laboratory tests.
- Administrative capabilities.
- Knowledge of latest developments in the medical technology field.
- Willingness to perform shift duties.