Job Title Medical Officer (Day
Medical Officer (Day Care Dialysis)
Clifton Medical Services
Aga Khan University Hospital
The Aga Khan University Hospital in addition to its five Hospitals creates access through its Outreach Services which include Clinical Laboratories, Outpatient Medical Centres, Pharmacy services, Home Health and other services. Outreach Services are designed to provide primary to secondary healthcare services to patients near their homes and are present in several cities across Pakistan. Outpatient Medical Centres offer a range of specialty clinics including Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Endocrinology, Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Cardiopulmonary, Orthopedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Physiotherapy, and cater to children, adults, and elderly patients for general health checks or specific disease consultations.
You will be required to:
- participate in the management of patients under supervision of Consultants and team of Senior Residents and Instructors
- display effective and relevant documentation with quality record keeping of clinical notes, progress notes and discharge summaries
- ensure proper patient and family education, and communicate with them on patient's healthcare needs on a regular-basis
- order and review diagnostic tests for the patients and participate in outpatient clinics
- manage complicated patient cases and code blue in Day Care Dialysis unit
- actively participate in journal clubs and continuous medical education
- display good sense of understanding and work relationship with nursing and paramedical staff as a member of the overall patient care team.
You should have:
- an MBBS degree, preferably having completed MCPS, FCPS-I, MRCP-I or any other relevant Diploma
- a valid license from Pakistan Medical Council (PMC) and BLS certificate
- at least two years of relevant experience and proficiency in the use of computer applications
- ability to effectively work independently as well as in teams
- ability to work under pressure on different rotations/shifts
- strong interpersonal skills, particularly communication skills.