Job Title Internal Auditor
A. Audit Planning:
· Through a comprehensive risk assessment exercise identify with management areas of high risk within the Pakistan Country Office operating environment.
· Following the risk assessment develop an audit plan which provides sufficient audit coverage of the key risk areas facing Islamic Relief Pakistan.
B. Audit plan Implementation and follow up
· Ensure quality standards are met and maintained through supervision of teams and review of assurance work.
· Ensures the implementation of the audit plan to provide assurance on the effective management of risks and functioning of internal controls.
· Making sure that audit reports prepared as a result of audits and review assignments are based on sufficient and reliable audit evidence.
· Monitors action taken by management in response to assurance reviews ensuring effective follow up.
· Oversee and conduct adhoc investigation as required on areas of specific concern, including possible initial fraud investigation.
· Coordinate the development and review of Country Office Risks Register and monitors the effectiveness of the controls put in place by management to manage these risks.
C. Complaints response mechanism:
· Act as a custodian of Islamic Relief Pakistan Complaints response mechanism.
· Maintain an updated log of the complaints received from all stakeholders.
· Investigate and follow up on the complaints received.
D. Building Capacity:
· Work with Country Director and Senior Management to improve their understanding of risk management and operational compliance
· Continually and actively develop technical knowledge in relation to new initiatives and systems.
E. Internal and External Relationships:
· Keep up to date on significant developments within Islamic Relief Pakistan, IRW and Donor communities.
· Keep up to date on developments in the areas of general accounting, auditing, non-profit issues, Government of Pakistan and other regulations.
· Participate in organizational activities that promote networking and representation of the audit department.
Participate in audit assignments outside Country as required by Islamic Relief Worldwide Audit department.·
Ensure Audit are conducted regularly in given year and agreed recommendations are implemented.·
Ensure to have at least one annual audit report identifying risk and recommendation each department in country office , area offices , donor funded projects as per agreed TORs·
Ensure Continuous improvement of different IRP systems with technical inputs of Internal Auditor as and when required.·
Identify any potential gap that may increase risk or financial frauds.·
Ensure Staff members are fully aware of Complaint mechanism process and procedure.·
Ensure all types of complaints are processed in most transparent, accurate and professional manner within quick time frame.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have a zero-tolerance policy toward SEAH and don’t support any action that promotes or encourages SEAH.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
· A part or fully recognised professional qualification (same as or equivalent to):CIMA, ACMA, ACA, ACCA, CIIA
· 10 years’ experience of internal audit and complaint handling and reporting specifically in INGO
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· An ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
· An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, particularly legislation changes and developments as they affect charities, and new auditing techniques and practices
· The Internal Auditor is expected to travel to Islamic Relief Pakistan field offices. This may be on short notice and such visits could realistically last for several days.
· Ability to use MS Suite (e.g. Office and Excel) and understand financial databases (e.g. AX)
· An ability to maintain knowledge of developments in the sector
Key Personal Qualities
· An ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with other staff and to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
· An understanding of and empathy with the Islamic principles which underpin the work of Islamic Relief
· Culturally sensitive in working with colleagues and clients
· An ability to work unsupervised and be flexible (e.g. travel may be on short notice).
· Relevant experience of working with humanitarian/development sector/INGOs
· Working knowledge of regional languages of Pakistan.