Job Title Finance Manager
Job Description of Manager Accounts
Manager Accounts will be responsible to perform and manage complete accounting function of respective center. Reporting functionally to GM(F) and administratively to the Administrator, Manger will direct and coordinate the daily activities of the accounts and stores staff to timely and accurately record receipts, expenditures, assets, and liabilities of respective centers. He will also responsible for preparing financial statements and management reports as and when required. The incumbent should be a motivated self-starter with supervisory, review, and proofing experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities;
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger.
- Supervise, direct and review the work of accounts staff (including, but not limited to, donations reconciliations, cash and bank reconciliations, fixed asset management, payroll, accounts payable, inventory/stores management, recording of receipts and expenses, etc.) and stores staff (including maintenance of inventory, related records, audit trail etc.).
- Fund management (including placement/movement of funds with the consultation and approvals from management).
- Follow up with Government Departments for timely release of annual recurring grant in aids.
- Review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions required for internal / external audits.
- Work with accounts team (centers) to ensure timely completion of annual audits.
- Ensure compliance with respect to utilization of funds (restricted funds/grants), internal policies, tax and other applicable laws etc.
- Liaise with internal / external / government auditors and ensure timely completion of audits, and prepare response on audit queries.
- Resolve accounting issues or assists head of finance in resolving financial issues.
- Produce financial reports of respective centers. Coordinates monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities including donations and bank reconciliations, inventory and fixed assets counts etc.
- Assist management in the preparation of annual budgets and prepare monthly/quarterly/annual budget variance reports.
- Conduct internal audits of center. Make and implement recommendations to improve internal control systems related to donations collection, inventory management including consumption, fixed assets and book keeping.
- Liaise with banks and fulfill requirements and compliance for smooth operations.
- Coordinate with HO Finance and IT team in the implementation of software covering accounting, payroll and stores modules.
- On job training of existing staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.